FénixEDU is an integrated academic management and teaching support system (ERP) aimed at higher education institutions. Developed by the Instituto Superior Técnico, IST, following an Open-Source development strategy, the FénixEDU enables the creation of Portals for: teachers, students, workers, academic services, administrative offices, ...
Completely adapted to Bolonha's process, FénixEDU system supports, among others, the following processes directed to teachers, students or workers with the proper access rights:
- New students candidacies and serialisation;
- Registrations and Applications;
- Marksheet management, partial and final evaluation, final average computation;
- Requests and emission of certificates;
- Academic calendar and curricular periods management;
- Management of courses and respective curricular plans;
- Module management;
- Teaching service distribution;
- Timetable management;
- Classroom and event management;
- Classes planning, summaries and presences/absences tracking;
- Exam scheduling and watching;
- Teaching and scientific activity management;
- Application for dissertations and work submissions;
- Information distribution: notices, content in public sites, ...;
- Various report generation including RAIDES;
- Integration with human resources applications;
The system also offers a public area that can integrate with the institution's web site or portal. In this public area the following web sites are offered among others:
- For the Course(s), Module(s), curricular plan(s)
- For the several school units: head office, pedagogical council, scientific council and departments
- Linkare is responsible for the implementation of the applicational component of e-U projects for the following institutions: Instituto Politécnicos de
Coimbra, IPC and Tomar, IPT and the respective adhering schools. The works include the installation, personalisation and configuration of the FénixEDU system, data migration of the current management system, implementation of central authentication and of portals of the various schools.
- At ISCTE and Faculdade de Direito da UNL, Linkare has performed several activities supporting the integration of the FénixEDU system.
Contact us for more information
- Linkare has supported, since the first hour, the development of the FénixEDU project in IST, having contributed to the project with recommendations and source code, among which we highlight the development of a Build System and SCORM support.