Linkare has a comprehensive experience implementing RIA (Rich Internet Applications) on Java technologies, namely Java Swing and Java Web Start, under a client/server architecture based on the Java Enterprise Application (JEE) specification, as well as the development of mobile applications: Html 5 + CSS 3 and native applications for Android and BlackBerry.
This architecture offers the following advantages:
- High availability and scalability: several instances of the application cluster are permanently available, warranting a 24/7 availability;
- Reliability, coherence and consistency: through the utilization of JTA (Java Transaction Architecture) transactions and respective, XA-AX protocol based, mechanisms of local or ditributed transaction control and security systems based on JAAS;
- Performance in client/server communication: through the usage of optimized communication protocols like RMI/IIOP;
- Integration with external systems: using webservices,
RMI/IIOP and RMI over HTTP. Using asynchronous mechanisms based on JMS (Java Message Service) technology eases the integrations with systems with no "uptime" warranties;
- Using asynchronous mechanisms based on JMS (Java Message Service);
- Interoperability: regarding the operating system (Java Virtual
Machine), the database system ( Java Persistence Architecture) or the email system (JavaMail);
- Usability: the client application is based on integrated and efficient Java Swing-based interfaces which offer many advantages regarding the system global usability;
- Maintenance: the client is centrally distributed, via Java Web Start. An automatic mechanism (implemented by Linkare) detects new versions of the software and downloads only the modifications. This provides the client application with a short startup time as well as an efficient distribution through all clients without the need for running installers our personalizing accesses;
- Offline access: allows the distribution of the database bundled with the client application, allowing operations in offline mode and posterior data synchronisation.
Contact us for more information
- Participated on the development of Portuguese Social Security's information systems.
- Developed the Audima application (Management of Candidates for Municipality Elections) for the portuguese party PSD (Partido Social Democrata).
- e-lab (application distinguished at national and international circles) for the Instituto Superior Técnico and Portuguese Ministry of Education.